Sunday 21 June 2015

procrastinating in a good way

Took a little time off the 3d stuff to do a commision  for someone in work as a present from her granddaughter to her dad for fathers day. It took me roughly 10 hours over a couple of days. I haven't done a portrait in years so was interesting to get back into it and relearning as i got further into the process. I remember using karsima pencils in school and loved them. Unfortunately they stopped selling them but managed to find prisma pencils which seem to do the same job. Im pretty happy with the likeness of the final result. I like the little technique of breaking the lead slightly with the white sparkle of the eye to help get the slightest build up of lead to make it stand out. I hope to try and draw  more regularly to improve and learn even more skills. Any contsructive criticism are all welcome.


DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment